Father’s Day is here again. It’s a time for honoring fatherhood; the paternal bonds as well as the influence of fathers in society.
Typically, it’s a time to celebrate the father figures in our lives. Most of us don’t need a specific date to celebrate the most important man in our lives, but every dad deserves a special day.
Although different parts of the world celebrate Father’s Day on different days, most countries -including Nigeria- celebrate on the 3rd Sunday of June.
Many of us may feel like taking Father’s Day a bit more seriously this time around. However, our enthusiasm for gift buying ahead of June 20th does not make the task any easier, with dads often being the hardest person to gift.
If you are at loss, fear not because Asterixexx is here to lend a helping hand. We have curated for you, from some of our favorite brands, 10 options based on the interest of that special man. We have included links to their Instagram pages for your convenience.
1. The Plant Dad: This one is for the nurturers of nature. Buy him a potted plant from @classyflowery. They have a wide collection of self-groomed houseplants and unique pots to go with them. Indoor plants have been shown to support productivity and reducing stress levels within the home.
2. The Working Pop: Today’s working dad carries his work around with him. What’s better than doing so in style? Complement him with a luxury leather goods and accessories from @ohiolelagos. They currently stock 100% crocodile leather bags. Thank us later.
3. The Whisky Lover: He would definitely appreciate trying out a nice Scotch and @drinks.ng is ready to give that dad a treat this Father’s Day. With their special offer on ‘The SINGLETON’ single malt whisky, every purchase comes with a @thesingletonngr branded hip flask.
4. The Beach Goer: The beach is always a good idea to de-stress, and what is most important at the beach is having the right outfit on. We at @asterixexxatelier launched a new collection of beach wear for men. You could also order a custom t-shirt for the special men in your life. Check out the new collection here.
5. The Scent-sible Sire: Indulge his senses to the pleasant allure of fragrances from @scentifyng as their quest is to make people and their environments well-scented, fresher, cleaner and more luxe.
6. The Style Connoisseur: Whether he is staying home or going out clothes are essential and a bespoke piece from @asterixexxatelier makes it special. You can choose from a selection of Ready to Wear kaftans and Shirts or request a Custom piece.
7. The Cologne Collector: Aaaahh… Perfume! Enhances moods, extends one’s personality, boosts confidence and the list goes on. For men a bottle of perfume is always appreciated. Indulge him with a signature fragrance from @essenza_ng. Our top recommendation would be “GENTLEMEN ONLY” by Givenchy.
8. The Bookworm: An interesting book, a must read and one that would make an excellent gift for Dad is a book written by our very own Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. ‘Notes On Grief’ is an exquisite work of meditation, remembrance and hope, written in the wake of her beloved father’s death in the summer of 2020. In @chimamanda_adichie’s usual style, with precision of language, rich honest humor, and captivating story telling skills, the book is sure to be a hit for daddy dearest. It can be purchased on Amazon.
9. The Gig goer: A visit to @terrakulture will make an interesting outing especially during the weekend. There, if lucky, you could even catch one of the “Queen of theatre,” @bolanleaustenpeters’s plays like ‘Death and the King’s Horseman’.
10. The DWET: Specifically tastebuds, the Dad with Expensive Taste would enjoy this one. Like they say, “Nothing brings people together like good food.” A great place for good food is @turakalagos a restaurant known for excellent meals and a picture-perfect view at the @ebonylifeplace.
That’s it! Now go make papa happy.
click here to shop now at Asterixexx atelier